Fixed-Fee Probate Services
Bereavement is a difficult time for families. Probate and will administration can often be scary, but we’re here to help every step of the way.
We offer an all-round service to deal with the administration of a deceased person’s estate – ranging from registering the death to negotiating any final settlements of tax with HMRC.
Since 2014, some accountants have been able to offer probate services previously only carried out by solicitors. The advantage of using an accountant is that, with our experience and knowledge, we can advise on income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax all together, helping us minimise your overall tax liability.
We work to a fixed price for probate work. Unlike many others, this is not based on the value of the estate but on the number of assets to collect, liabilities to pay, and number of beneficiaries. You will always know upfront what our overall fee will be.
We can act as executors or work with the named executors in your will. If you wanted us to act as executors, you must name us in your will.
Once you appoint us, the usual steps in administering the estate are:
- Establish the assets and liabilities at the date of death
- Prepare tax returns and computations
- Application for Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration
- Call in assets and settle liabilities
- Deal with income tax and capital gains tax liabilities of the estate
- Distribution to beneficiaries
- Preparation of final estate accounts